When considering what nutritional supplements to take, magnesium supplements are not usually at the top of the list. It is often overlooked, and a lot of adults don’t have the proper amounts of magnesium from their meals. This vital mineral can cause irritation, muscle weakness as well as irregular heartbeats, among various other ailments.
Magnesium is a mineral found in our bones and is the most significant part of our body. It is essential to magnesium glycinate the functioning throughout the body. From athletes who utilize magnesium supplements to improve their endurance to women hoping to prevent osteoporosis, magnesium supplements are powerful health boosters.
Magnesium is present in many different foods which include whole grains, beans, and even nuts. Chocolate and coffee are great sources of magnesium.
Magnesium in Medicines
A lot of laxatives contain magnesium. Magnesium is the most common ingredient in the antacids. Magnesium is frequently used in digestive tract cleansing agents which are employed prior to the procedure of bowel. Magnesium is an effective treatment for preeclampsia, a condition that is common among pregnant women. Magnesium can be taken as a dietary supplement or in specific formulations for certain health issues like high blood pressure, high cholesterol PMS, asthma, and other.
As a supplement, it can comes in various forms and there are many theories on which magnesium formulation is most advantageous:
* With calcium* as a chloride
* as oxide
* As hydroxide
* As sulfate
There are different opinions about what the ideal formulation is, but the most common argument for why a particular supplement is superior has to be related to the body’s absorption level of magnesium.
As with all supplements consult an expert in health before beginning magnesium supplements. Certain blood pressure medication or muscle relaxants as well as other medications can cause negative interactions when they are used the same in conjunction with magnesium supplements.
Magnesium Supplements can Aid You
In the past few years, there has been a great deal of interest in the advantages of magnesium, particularly regarding how magnesium supplements could aid in treating existing health issues and help prevent certain health problems. According to the National Institute of Health, more than 300 biochemical processes in the body require magnesium and magnesium is essential to maintain the nerve and muscle functions and ensuring a stable heart rhythm and supporting the immune system. Magnesium assists in controlling blood sugar levels, helps to maintain normal blood pressure, and is as part of the body’s metabolism of energy and protein synthesizing.
There are several places where magnesium supplements might help people. Here are a few health issues that magnesium supplements may aid in:
* The Digestive Tract Magnesium has been used for years in treating stomach upsets and heartburn. Other forms of Magnesium is used as a laxative.
* Women’s Health: Magnesium might help with PMS. Magnesium could also aid in preventing osteoporosis, or Type 2 diabetes in some women.
* Heart Health: Magnesium could help lower cholesterol levels. It can also reduce the discomfort of angina as well as symptoms of prolapsed mitral valve. Magnesium supplement users could be less likely to suffer from metabolic syndrome. There have been reports that getting higher levels of magnesium from dietary sources may reduce the risk of suffering a stroke in men.
* Hearing Magnesium can help protect the hearing of people exposed to loud noises.
Also all the way from head to toe, inside and out magnesium supplements could be exactly what your body needs.